What happens when you mix peanut butter, pie, and a chocolate cheesecake? THIS. BLISS.
Active Time: 30 Minutes | Total Time: 4-5 hours
Serves: One Large Cheesepie
- 1 1/4 cups vegan graham crackers or other vegan cookies
- 6 tbsp melted vegan butter or margrine
- 3 cups Vegan Cream Cheese (Daiya or Tofutti are recommended)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsweetend soy milk
- 2 1/2 cups melted dark chocolate
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a food processor, blend 1 1/2 cups vegan graham crackers or other vegan cookies. Pour the crumbs into a large mixing bowl with the butter or margarine and mix until evenly distributed. Press the mixture into a pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes.
Using an electric hand mixer, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Add the sugar and continue beating. Add the peanut butter and vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Mix in the dark chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed. Pour the mixture into the crust and bake for 1 hour.Transfer to a cooling rack for 1-2 hours and then chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
In a saucepan over low heat, combine the melted dark chocolate with the soy milk. Mix until well combined. Pour evenly over the cake and return it back to chill until the chocolate has set.