Active Time: 30 Minutes | Total Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Serves: 12 Cupcakes
- 2 bananas
- 2/3 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk) warmed
- 2 tbsp refined coconut oil, melted
- pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350°F. Insert a muffin tin with liners.
Blend together the bananas, almond milk, canola oil, vanilla and apple cider vinegar. Blend until smooth.
Transfer the blended ingredients into a large mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to mix in the sugar. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until smooth.
Fill the muffin liners two-thirds full and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely before frosting.
Add the peanutbutter and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Sift in the powdered sugar and pour in the warm almond milk. Beat everything until smooth. Add the coconut oil and beat again until smooth. Mix in salt refrigerate for at least an hour.
Once cupcakes have cooled, Evenly distribute the frosting on top of them. You can use a piping bag if desired.