This is really over the top.
Active Time: 20 Minutes | Total Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: Six toasts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other nondairy milk)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 6 slices of vegan bread (preferably 3/4-inch thick)
- Refined coconut oil, for the pan
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut cream or vegan desert topping
- Dried coconut
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk in the almond milk and coconut milk. Mix in the orange zest and vanilla.
Coat the bottom of a large nonstick pan with coconut oil. Spread out the sliced almonds on a plate. Dip each bread slice into the batter then press each side of the bread into the almonds. Place on the pan.
Cook the toasts on medium heat until the almonds are browned, about 4 minutes each side. Serve warm.